We have one BYKOTA business meeting per month. This is when we plan for our events. We encourage all BYKOTA youth to participate in these meetings. Our meetings are on the first Sunday of every month at 9:00am-10:00am in the Diane Mirick Room-- room one-- except in September, October, and April (see schedule). The meeting schedule is below:
- September 27, 2009
- November 1, 2009
- December 6, 2009
- January 3, 2010
- February 7, 2010
- March 7, 2010
- April 11, 2010 (moved from first Sunday due to Easter)
- May 2, 2010
The Corn Maze at Davis Farmland
Our events range from social activities to service projects. We hold approximately one event per month. Below are our tentative plans. Most take place for a couple of hours after church. When this is not the case, it is noted in the description.
- September 20th: Come to the Opportunity Fair during coffee hour and play with legos. We'll be getting ready for a big lego project we have planned for the 225th anniversary of our church this year.
- October: We'll be working during October on our lego project, with date(s) to be announced. We may have a special Saturday workday.
**Note, please also save the date for a bakesale fundraiser to take place either Saturday, October 3rd at the First Unitarian Church yardsale or Sunday, November 8th during coffee hour.
- November 1st: We'll walk the corn maze at Davis Farmland. This is always a really fun time, with plenty of getting lost, friendly competition, laughter, and games.
- December 13th: Please join us as we prepare holiday gifts at the Little Store on Chandler Street. These gifts go to children all around Worcester whose families need a little extra help this holiday season.
- January 23rd: This will be our annual sleepover at church. Come hang out with us for a special worship service as well as games, movies, or other fun and plenty of FOOD!
- February 28th: We'll head over to the climbing wall together, get to know one another better, and climb away!
- March: During worship we will spend one Sunday collecting donations for the Carty Cupboard food pantry. We collect the donations in a shopping cart we push down the aisle of the sanctuary. Exact date to be announced.
- April: Activity to be decided by our group once the year has begun.
- May 14th: We'll have a year-end FEAST at church with lots of food. We'll play some games and have a special ceremony to say "goodbye" to our 8th graders who are graduating from the group.